4 PHASES OF TRAINING
The collective product of Danzan Arts training is profound confidence... your absolute belief in yourself and your abilities. The benefits of this empowerment are greater health, longevity, happiness and peace.
Training is completed in 4 phases or “transmissions.”
The Danzan Arts methodology employs principles and skills commonly associated with:
◦ Traditional Japanese Jujitsu
◦ Tai Chi and Qigong
◦ Kali & Escrima
◦ Hawaiian Lua
◦ Hatha Yoga
In concert with the ancient wisdom of China, Japan and Hawai'i.
Level One- Ekahi
White Belt thru Blue
Goals: To train and discipline the body‐mind to increase:
Provide a basic level of self‐defensibility.
1. Yoga & balance drills
2. Tai Sabaki (stance and footwork)
3. Sutemi Waza (rolls and falls)
4. Yawara (capture & release methods)
5. Filipino hand and stick drills
6. Goshin Jitsu (street defense)
7. Ne waza (grappling methods)
Increased flexibility, coordination and stamina.
Solid foundational skills for advanced Danzan Ryu Jujitsu
Level Two- Elua
Purple Belt thru 2nd degree brown
Goal: Understanding of concepts and strategies surrounding:
⁃ Yin & Yang
Training Tools (in addition to Level One):
• Qigong (internal cultivation)
• Shime te (constrictions and submissions)
• Nage waza (throwing methods)
• Oku te (combinations)
• Kappo (resuscitations)
• Randori (controlled sparing)
• Shiatsu (pressure points)
• Begin to work with focused energy.
• Ability to demonstrate fundamental jujitsu waza
• Increased skill in all kata
• Willingness to help out (Kokua)
Level Three- Ekolu
1st degree brown thru 2nd degree black
Goals: Experience and comprehend the subtle aspects of the Danzan Arts
· Mana (personal power)
· Shibui (effortlessness)
· Aloha (appreciation & non‐judgment)
· Shin (true nature)
· Kiai no maki (scroll of the unified force)
· Shinnin (Beyond the Illusion)
· Shinyo (Supreme Confidence)
· Shugyo (Purifying training)
· Lomilomi massage
· Assistant instructorship
· Command of the Danzan Kata
· Seriousness and focus
· Commitment, power and authority
· Effective teaching/communication skills
Level Four- Eha
Sandan thru Shihan
· To comprehend the nature of experience by increasing time spent in alignment (body‐mind, thinking‐mind, spirit‐mind).
· To become an effective healer and counselor to all those in need.
· To experience the arts from a higher awareness.
· To become a teacher of teachers.
· Weapons training
· Hai pule
· Martial Mastery
· Shamanic healing
· Master teacher
· Happiness, Joy, Health, Compassion, Peace
Powered by Zyro.com